Sunday, June 14, 2009

Respect Diversity...



I born in a very diverse big family... There are some of my Uncle and Aunty's are from other religion and even race. However, we respect each others' belief and origin without any significant efforts. I have Indian, Chinese, Malayan, and American Jewish relatives. Being in this family, I learn to respect all diversities in this world.
I respect all races and beliefs and religions because I am literally one of them. Nothing can be discriminated because we born and grow here in the same place, Indonesia. So, I can't find any good reason to discriminate. Face characteristics, language, skin colour, and beliefs are not good reasons for being disrespectful to each others.
Although my face does not show the mixed race and culture, diversity runs in my blood. I won't disrespect my own part...My own family.
I can't say we have same characteristics, but I can say that we are from the same root.
I write this without residing the facts that there are some people whom we try to respect, insult us by mentioning the differences between us. At least we already try to fully respect them with all of our heart. Whether they want to respect us or not, it is their choices...

"Although my face does not show different races mixed in one, diversity runs in my blood."

No comments:

Post a Comment