Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Lucky we have Google...

Photobucket

FYI, Google was founded by Larry Page and Sergey Brin in their Dorm room several years ago. and the name "google" was inspirated from "googol" which means the large number 10100, that is, the digit 1 followed by one hundred zeros (in decimal representation)
(even I got this from googling).
I think google used this word to show that they want to be the prefect one in searching millions or billions of things in online world.

I am amazed with Google. How the vision of being "the perfect search engine" is very successful today. Even some people make google as their "god"
(see: http://www.thechurchofgoogle.org/)...

Fortunately, I am not one of them even though I love google. The Googlism people realize how damn useful and important google in today's life. Everything we need to find, you can find them just with fingers. In yesterday's world, you have to find it in "manually" through walk, drive, and read. Speaking of reading, I, as a student a year ago, found google as the best place for research. I rally thankful that today, we have google as the search engine. Imagine when our parents or older brothers were still in their school or college times, they have to stay to the library for hours. But not in my time, I could just spend my precious time in front of my laptop, accompanied with may comfortable bed and chair.

I also admire their focus and concept of creating an enjoyable job for the employees. As we know, not so many offices are enjoyable by their employees. But we can experience that in Google office. try to google it if you want to see their office...=)

And the focus...Once, they focused of building a perfect search engine. Their workers are paid for only "how to make google a better search engine"...
I think that focus makes google so damn useful, now. However, I find google is not focusing to that search engine anymore. They provide things like email, translation engine, Google earth (the amazing one), and the Google Chrome.

I like Google due to their creativity showed from how they create a fun ambiance, I mean google will change or update their logo if there is a particular events. For example, today's (20 May 2009) google picture is about the "Missing Link" of Darwin's evolution theory. the logo is like this...Photobucket

Finally, Google is on my list as one of the best things created by human after Computer and Internet...=) I hope google will get better and helpful as the future awaits... en

No comments:

Post a Comment